Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our anual hiking trip

One important thing I learned on this trip was the tripod does not have to come whereever I go. I  carried most of the kids stuff, Diet Coke (can't live without it) tripod as well as my own things on this hike, my backpack became very heavy at times.... 

The start of the trip. 

The landscape is beautiful

As you can see the youngest did not want to carry her own backpack, so guess who had to carry that as well

The trees grows almos sideways, not sure if it is because the wind or the heavy snow that lay on on top during the winter months.

We finally reach our goal, Lakkenstova. 

This cabin is the smaller one, and was build as a security cabin, in case the main cabin would burn down and strand visitors in the winter time. 

The kids enjoyed playing in the ponds and small streams surrounding the cabins. I used them to keep my DC  cold, so you can imagine how cold the water was. 

The new cabin is beautiful. It has two bedrooms, kitchen and living area as well as a few extra storage areas.

The thing it does not have is electricity or running water.  I made my daugther think twice when I asked if she flushed after sh went to the bathroom..  

What will become cloudberry in a few months

These marks are found along the trials 


A short break on the way down the mountain




No comments: