Monday, October 27, 2008

New York City Boat Tour

Mpix and Popular Photography organized a photographic tour of New York City?

We met at the Shelburne Hotel where Rick Sammon and Carey Schumacher each gave us great tips on photography. I had the chance to meet 5 other mpixers that I had not met before. We walked to the pier and boarded a New York Water Taxi for the tour on the Hudson river.

We spent about 2 hours shooting and here are some of the photographs.


Top left: John, Dave, Lisa, Chris, me, Sara and Paul































5 comments:

Krista said...

I soooo love that first image of the Statue of Liberty...great sky that day!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Well, it sure looks like you all had a great time. I really need to make one of these meet-ups, especially the OK meetup. One of these days.

RastaRicanStudio said...

Wow! Thanx, these brought back memoriies. When I firsts came to this country I live in the Lower East Side. I went to school by the Manhattan Bridge, Played under the piers at the South Street Seaport (before it went glamour. I wanted soo bad to go but could not get free tix. Thanx again Gro. Peace and Blessings

Jane Bingham said...

Great shots Gro! I wish I could have been there!

Lisa Walsh said...

Imagine my surprise when I visited your blog for the first time ever today and I see my smiling face at the top, lol!

I love the black and whites, Gro! And I had SO much fun with you guys!!